Fixing Weird Threading Issues
October 17, 2006
For those of us with weird Java threading problems, StackTrace is magic. Try this:
- Start a Java application. Anything will do, even Eclipse or IDEA.
- Point your browser at their download page.
- Click the "Launch" icon.
- Click through the warnings on AdaptJ's dodgy Web Start certificate.
- Now, from the "Process" menu, select "Thread Dump". It shows a dialog with a drop down menu. Choose the process you started way back in step 1.
- Click OK
- Ta dah! You are the proud owner of shiny new stack trace.